NESA Green Water Maritime Workshop on Opportunities in the Indian Ocean Region
The Near East South Asia (NESA) Center for Strategic Studies is a United States Department of Defense affiliated research and engagement center that covers an area ranging from Morocco in the west to Bangladesh in the east. NESA’s area of responsibility, therefor, covers most of the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). NESA works with components of the
United States government interagency and with our alumni and partners throughout the world to connect interested parties together to discuss key security issues. Headquartered on the campus of the National Defense University in Washington, DC, NESA proudly works with a network of over 10,000 alumni from throughout the world and runs approximately 70 international engagements a year.
The workshop would focus on littoral security that will cover many security challenges. Subject matter experts will lead us in this exploration of maritime challenges by offering up their analyses. The theme of the workshop would be “littoral security challenges and maritime security cooperation throughout the Indian Ocean Region (IOR)“.
The workshop would held from 17th August- 20th August 2020. The Director General of the NMF, Vice Admiral Pradeep Chauhan would be a panellist on the 20th of August. Time is mentioned in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Thursday, 20 August, 0600 – 0605 Welcome Speaker: Mr. Jeffrey Payne, NESA
1. 0610 – 0715 Littoral Security Challenges: Addressing National/Local Challenges amidst International Crises
Moderator: Mr. Jeffrey Payne, NESA
- Professor Greg Kennedy of King’s College
- Vice Admiral Pradeep Chauhan of the National Maritime Foundation
2. 0715 – 0745 Question and Answer Period: Addressing National/Local Challenges amidst International
3. 0745 – 0815 Breakout Session 2 – Reviewing Priorities; Highlighting Gaps
4. 0815 – 0830 Final Quick Poll; Conclusions and Farewells