Dr Manoj Babu Buraga
Areas of Research
- India’s Foreign Policy focusing on France and the European Union
- European Union — Integration, Programmes, Policies, and Institutions
- Maritime Geostrategies of Indo-Pacific — India-EU and India-France
- Minilateralism in the Indo-Pacific
- Ocean Governance — Sustainable Development, Sea-bed Resources, Marine Biological Diversity, and Fisheries
- Associate Fellow, National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi (October 2021- present)
- Recipient of The G20 Research Fellowship CFA (a project under CACIM), Aug-Sep 2021
- Adjunct Faculty, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada, March-July 2021
- Research Fellow, the SPARC programme sponsored by the Ministry of Education, 2019
- Recipient of ICSSR, International Financial Assistance, 2018
- DELF A1, Alliance Française de Pondichéry, 2016
- Ph.D. in Politics & International Relations (European Studies), Thesis: “Indo – French Relations in the Context of India-EU Relations”, Centre for European Studies, School of Social Sciences and International Studies, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Master’s in Politics and International Relations, School of Social Sciences and International Studies, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Bachelor’s in History, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada.
- “European Union in International Politics: Perception to Action”, EUSAAP Conference, held at Melbourne (Virtual), June 2021.
- “Gender Politics and Political Representation in India-Europe”, an International Conference Perspectives on Politics, Media and Environment, a collaborative initiative of Pondicherry University, Heinrich-Heine University, Dusseldorf, Ruhr University Bochum, and Justus-Leibig University, Giessen, Germany, 4-5, March 2020.
- “India and the European Union in a Multipolar World: New Nation Building and Balance of Power”, Organised by Dept. of Political Science, St Ann’s College for Women, at Hyderabad, 21-22, August 2019.
- “A conceptual brief on establishing quality education in India”, Organized by the Dept. of Politics & International Studies, Pondicherry University, 18-19, December 2018.
- “Brexit and the EU Cohesion Policy”, Hosted by a Joint EU Centres in RMIT University, at Melbourne, 15-18, October 2017.
- “India-EU Enhancing Strategic Partnerships”, hosted by Symbiosis International University, at Pune, 2-4, December 2017. Participated.
- “India’s Role in Integrating SAARC Region”, an International Conference on Water Sharing in SAARC Region: Legal Issues and Challenges organized by M.K Nambyar SAARC Law Centre in NALSAR University of Law at Hyderabad, 25-26, March 2017.
- “India China and the EU in a Multipolar World Order: Perspectives from IR”, Organized by International Management Institute Kolkata in Collaboration with Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences, China at Kolkata 24-25, November 2016.
- “Indo-French Relationship: Implications for India’s Climate”, organized by Dept. of Geography Osmania University, at Hyderabad, 27-29, September 2016.
- “Western Multiculturalism: A Case Study on Muslim Immigrants”, organized by Pondicherry University and Madras University, at Pondicherry, 22-23, February 2016.
- “The EU and Kashmir: Human Rights Perspective”, is a National Seminar on Anti-Terrorism Law and Human Security organized by Kerala Law Academy, at Trivandrum, 03, October 2016.
- “Human Rights from Indian Perspective: Reference to Freedom of Expression”, organized KL University & International Multidisciplinary Research Foundation, at Vijayawada, 21-22, August 2015.