Dr Rejaul Karim Laskar
Areas of Research
- India’s foreign policy
- Public Diplomacy
- India-U.S. relations
- India-China relations
- Associate Fellow, National Maritime Foundation (NMF), New Delhi (since May 2021).
- Assistant Political and Economic Officer, Royal Thai Embassy, New Delhi (May 2008 – October 2010).
- Research Associate, Foreign Policy Research Institute, New Delhi (October 2007 – May 2008).
- PhD in International Relations from Centre for International Politics Organization and
Disarmament, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. PhD
Thesis title: “India’s Public Diplomacy Approaches towards China and United States, 2006-
- MPhil in Diplomacy and Disarmament from Centre for International Politics Organization and Disarmament, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Dissertation title: “Evolution of India’s Economic Diplomacy, 1991-2001: A Study of Continuity and Change” (2016)
- MA in International Relations from Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (2010)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering from Regional Engineering College, Silchar (later renamed as National Institute of Technology, Silchar) (2000)
- “Monologue and Dialogue in India’s Digital Public Diplomacy in the U.S.: A Study of the replies and reactions to visitors’ comments by the Facebook page of the Indian Embassy in the U.S.”, paper presented at the ISA NE-2021 organized by the International Studies Association (ISA), 4 November 2021.
“Indian’s Maritime Security Policy: A Case Study of India’s response to expanding Chinese military presence in the Indian Ocean”, paper presented at the National Conference on “Emerging Security Challenges in the 21st Century” organized by Department of Political Science, Sri Aurobindo College, University of Delhi.