Areas of Research
- EU in the Indian Ocean Region
- European Union’s (EU) Foreign & Security Policy
- EU-US Security Relations
- India’s Social & Political Affairs: Identity, Race & Gender.
- Conflict, Violence & Human Rights issues in North-East India.
Reena was teaching as an Assistant Professor, Miranda House, University of Delhi from 2017-2018. She taught papers related to Political Science and International Relations. Reena was a recipient of the Indo-German partnership project funded by the UGC, India and the DAAD Germany, to the Institute of Political Science and Sociology, University of Wuerzburg, Germany. The period of the fellowship lasted from 22.05.2018 up to 21.07.2018
- Ph.D (pursuing) titled: “Resetting the European Union (EU)-US relations in the Post-Cold War period, 2001-2018. Centre for European Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- M.Phil Centre for European Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- M.A. Politics (with Specialisation in International Relations), School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- B.A. (Political Science with Honours), Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi.
- Presented a Paper Titled: “Europe’s Strategic Autonomy, a Roadmap to European Defence Sovereignty in the Age of Trump” at the Young Researchers’ International Conference, titled, Europe and the Changing World: Crises and Resilience, 26 March 2019, at the School of International Studies, JNU, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper titled: “Nyishi Customary Law and Women’s Rights in Arunachal Pradesh”, at the two day workshop on ‘Status of Women’s Studies in North East India’ 18th and 19th January, 2019, at the OKD Institute of Social Change and Development, Guwahati, Assam.
TALKS AND DISCUSSIONS
- Presented a talk on “Racism in India and how it is Dangerous to the Idea of a Plural India” at the TEDx platform in Mumbai’s St. Xavier’s College, March 2018. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEMneKKHQFE&t=1s
- Participated in a panel titled: “Who is a North-East Woman?” Understanding Gender Relations Within the Region at Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi, 10th October 2018.
- Participated as a speaker at the annual seminar at the North-East Festival “Panorama 2018” Janki Devi Memorial College, University of Delhi, 12th October, 2018.
- Participated as a speaker to celebrate International Women’s Day, at the Faculty Feminist Collective event at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 25th March, 2019.
- Participated in a panel titled: ‘Women: A Natural Target of Online Abuse‘ at SheThePeople Tv’s second edition of the Safety Summit, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 28 August, 2018.
- Spoke on The Wire on Arunachal Pradesh’s prevailing lawlessness and corruption and the mainstream media’s apathy towards the NE-Indian region, 25/Jan/2019. URL:https://thewire.in/video/watch-daughter-of-deceased-bjp-mla-from-arunachal-pradesh-seeks-justice