Ritika V Kapoor
Areas of Research
- Multilateral Constructs in the Indian Ocean Region
- Maritime Cooperation in the Bay of Bengal
- India’s maritime relations with Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region)
- Research Intern, Observer Research Foundation (New Delhi & Mumbai)
- Research Intern, ActionAid India
- Master’s in Public Policy, St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Mumbai
- B.A. (Honors) in Economics, Ambedkar University, Delhi
- DELF A2 , Alliance Française de Delhi
- Diploma in French language, Alliance Française de Delhi
- “India-Thailand Cooperation under BIMSTEC”, International Seminar on BIMSTEC: Constructing New Pathways in the Context of Rising Asia, organised by the UGC Centre for Maritime Studies, Pondicherry University in collaboration with Observer Research Foundation, Kolkata, at Pondicherry, 11-12 February 2020.
- “India’s Neighbourhood First Policy vis-à-vis Sri Lanka”, at the Foreign Policy Dialogue 2019, organised by the Foreign Policy Research Centre, at Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML), New Delhi, 16 November 2019.
- “Evolving Geopolitics in the IOR: China’s Sea Power Enhancement in Sri Lanka: A Case Study of the Hambantota Port Project”, at the 6th edition of “Dilli Series” Sea Power Seminar, organised by the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala,17-18 October 2019.
- “Avenues and Challenges in Cooperative Maritime Development: An Indian Perspective”, at the second NMF-Pathfinder Foundation Dialogue, organised by the National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi 2-3 July 2019.
- “Maritime Connectivity in the Bay of Bengal: Viable Solutions”, at the inaugural NMF-BIMRAD Dialogue, organised by the National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi, 20-21 June 2019.
- “India – Sri Lanka Relations: Battling Rights over Katchatheevu” and “The Indian Ocean Diplomacy” as part of ORF – Jai Hind College Lectures Series, at Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, November 2018.
- NMF PUBLICATIONS- Website
- Ritika V Kapoor. “Significance of the Maldives to India.” National Maritime Foundation, April 9, 2020. https://maritimeindia.org/significance-of-the-maldives-to-india/
- Ritika V Kapoor. “Climate Change Vulnerabilities of the Maldives: Implications for India.” National Maritime Foundation, April 3, 2020. https://maritimeindia.org/climate-change-vulnerabilities-of-the-maldives-implications-for-inidia/
- Ritika V Kapoor. “Reinvigorating India-Maldives Maritime Cooperation Amidst the Growing Sino-Indo Strategic Competition in the Indian Ocean Region.” National Maritime Foundation, September 12, 2019. https://maritimeindia.org/reinvigorating-india-maldives-maritime-cooperation-amidst-the-growing-sino-indo-strategic-competition-in-the-indian-ocean-region/
- Ritika V Kapoor. “India’s Maldivian Rapprochement.” National Maritime Foundation, June, 24, 2019. https://maritimeindia.org/indias-maldivian-rapprochement/
- OTHER PUBLICATIONS- Journal
- Nitin Agarwala and Ritika V Kapoor, “India-Sri Lanka Engagement under India’s Neighbourhood First Policy,” FPRC Journal 40, No 4 (Special Issue, November 2019): 39-45, ISSN 2277 – 2464
- Ritika V Kapoor. 2019. “Evolving Geopolitics in the IOR: A Case Study of the Hambantota Port Project.” In Proceedings of the sixth edition of Dilli Series Sea Power Seminar, December 2019, 95-105. ISBN: 978-93-5396-142-8. Ezhimala, Kerala: Indian Naval Academy.
- Ritika V Kapoor. 2020. “Sea Wall in the Maldives and its Sustainability,” Geography and You 20, No. 146: 44-50.
- Online Articles
- Ritika V Kapoor. “A Gordian Knot for India and China: Foreign Policy Implications of Rajapaksa’s Return.” The Geopolitics, November 28, 2018. https://thegeopolitics.com/a-gordian-knot-for-india-and-china-foreign-policy-implications-of-rajapaksas-return/
- Ritika V Kapoor. “Reviving Indo-Lanka Relations: Reigning in Bottom Trawling.” Observer Research Foundation, November 02, 2018, https://www.orfonline.org/expert-speak/reviving-indo-lanka-relations-reigning-in-bottom-trawling-45299/
- Ritika V Kapoor. “Making Fishing in Palk Bay Safe.” Observer Research Foundation, June 05, 2018, https://www.orfonline.org/expert-speak/making-fishing-in-palk-bay-safe/