Lt Col (Dr) Mohit Nayal
Areas of Research
- Artificial Intelligence
- International Law
- Geo-dynamics of China
- Strategic challenges in SouthAsia & Southeast Asia
- Maritime Interest in Indo-Pacific Region and
- Northeast India Policies and issue related to public policy.
Lt Col (Dr) Mohit Nayal is serving under the Ministry of Defence, Indian Army. In 2012, the officer was awarded PhD in Political Science from HNB Garhwal University and his topic of dissertation was ‘Central Asia in Post-Cold War Era: Problems and Prospects in Reference to Islamic Fundamentalism’. He is presently on research assignment with National Maritime Foundation and his topic of research is “Coastal and Port Security of India with Implications on Maritime Trade in the 21st century”.
United Services Institute, Delhi, offered him ‘Chair of Excellence’ in 2012. The project proposal was “Future of Myanmar: Role for India, China and the International Community”.
- Ph. D. in Political Science from HNB Garhwal University
1. “Indian Initiative for Water Sharing and Hydro Power in SAARC Region”, International Conference held at Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad on 25-26 Mar 2017.
2. “Enhancing India’s Military Capability: A Larger Role in the Indian Ocean and Beyond”, International Conference at UGC Centre for Indian Ocean Studies, Hyderabad on 8-9 May 2017.
3. “Education Technology in Higher Education”, National Seminar at Osmania University Centre for International Programmes, Hyderabad on 29-30 Aug 2017.
4. “Indo-Myanmar Borders: State and Non-State Complexities”, International Seminar at UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute of South Asia Regional Cooperation & Centre for South Asian Studies, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry on 01-02 Feb 2018.
5. “Security Challenges in Asia Pacific Region”, International Conference at GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam on 10 Feb 2018.
6. “Generating Equitable and Sustainable Growth in Manipur: Multilevel Governance”, International Seminar at Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, 21 Mar 2018.
7. “China’s Space Technology”, 11 th All India Conference of China Studies, Institute of Chinese Studies and Christ University (in cooperation with National Institute of Advanced Studies), Bengaluru, 14-17 Nov 2018.
8. “China’s Belt and Road Initiative: Contours, Implications, and Alternatives”, Maritime Policy & Strategic Research Centre, HMS University, Haifa, Israel, 04-07 Nov 2019.
- OTHER PUBLICATIONS- Books
- “The Invisible Wall of China”, ISBN 978-93-81411-41-4, Published by Vij Books India Pvt Ltd, 2012. The strategic book covers internal and external challenges and future possibilities for China. It raises concerns about discriminatory policy towards ethnic minorities within China, which has created a disturbance at the provincial level over the years. Further, it covers the aspects regarding the external challenges for China, recommendations and the role of the International Community.
- Coffee table Book of 57 Mountain Division, Published by Extreme Publishers, 2013. It is the very first coffee table book of 57 Mountain Division since its raising in 1968. The book not only covers the military operational achievements of the Division which fought the 1971 war but also gives insight the socio-cultural facets of the North-eastern states which have been home for the Division from past so many years.
- “Enigmatic Northeast”, ISBN 978-81-7049-479-9, Published by Manas Publications, 2014. The book covers the various complexities in the region of Northeast. It also touches upon the aspects of militancy and reasons for larger economic backwardness in the area.
- “Beyond the City Lights”, ISBN 978-93-8091-45-72, Published by General Press, 2016. The book covers the socio-economic problems of the people of urban India.
- “China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: A Review”, Bihar Journal of Political Science, Vol V No1, Jan-June 2016.
- “India, China and Pakistan Security Environment: Threats Beyond the Scope of Conventional Forces due to Pakistan China Economic Corridor”, Mangalam, Vol XIII Aug 2016.
- “Information Warfare Doctrine of China and Lessons for India”, Gorakhpur Social Scientist, Vol VI, No 2, Dec 2015.
- “Generating Equitable and Sustainable Growth in Manipur: Multilevel Governance”, Vol 50, Issue No 2, Journal of Government and Political Studies, Sep 2017
- “Indo-Myanmar Borders: State and Non-State Complexities”, Pondicherry University, Aug 2019
- “Iran Again in the Spotlight of Indian Foreign Policy”, Defence and Security Alert, Vol 7, July 2016.
- Online Articles
- “Mekong Region in the Strategic Forefront of Southeast Asia Policy for India, Chennai Centre for China Studies, April 23, 2018.
- “Chinese Overseas Ports: Hambantota Port and Implications for India”, Chennai Centre for China Studies, June 2018.