The Vizag Chapter started functioning from 1 September 2009 onwards. Prof A Prasanna Kumar was the first Regional Director of the Chapter from 01 Sep 2009 to 31 Aug 2012.
Within the broad framework of the objectives of the Foundation, the Vizag Chapter focuses on the following aspects of interest to the maritime fraternity:
- Strategy and Policy
- Maritime technology
- Maritime heritage
- Human Resources
The Regional Director is advised by a Local Advisory Board consisting of the following eminent individuals:
- Shri Ajeya Kallam, IAS - Chairman, Visakhapatnam Port Trust
- Shri S.V. Rangarajan - Director, NSTL, Visakhapatnam
- Prof. Y. Satyanarayana - Director, School of Law, GITAM; Former VC AP University of Law
- Prof. P. S. Rao, FNAE - Former Dean, IIT Madras & Advisor, GVP Visakhapatnam
- Prof. S.C. Misra - Director, Indian Maritime University, Visakhapatnam
- DIG. M.A. Thalha - Commander Coast Guard, Andhra Pradesh
- Capt. Sushil Das - Director, Maritime Warfare Centre, ENC, Visakhapatnam
- Dr. V.S.N. Murthy - Director, National Institution of Oceanography RC, Visakhapatnam
- Shri P. S. Raju - Senior Chartered Accountant, Visakhapatnam
- Shri J. Srinivasa Raju - CEO, Geo Marine Dynamics (India) Pvt. Ltd , Visakhapatnam
The Local advisory Body shall meet once every two months to discuss various NMF activities.
Prof (Dr) Rao Tatavarti has taken over as the second Regional Director with effect from 01 February 2013.
Prof (Dr) Rao Tatavarti,
Regional Director (Vizag Chapter)
Director and Senior Professor,
GVP College of Engineering
Madhurawada, Visakhapatnam 530048